Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Getting There!

The older one gets, projects such as the one we are currently undertaking around our house the more difficult they seem to become.  I would suggest almost every muscle in my body right now is screaming out in pain!  I am just not used to carrying, holding onto, thinking, aligning and painting!  And as the photo shows our little backyard is changing quite a deal.

I now have two layers of 4.5metres of bamboo paneling to get to the tip after I removed it for new wall.  I will need to borrow the use of a vehicle to do that.  We have become constant visitors to the super sized hardware store a couple of k's away.  My small household electric drill gave up the ghost yesterday as I was screwing the final cement sheet into place and now I have a new (but still very cheap) electric drill.

We have oodles too much paint so in future anything around our home which needs a coat of paint will be the color of the new feature wall.  In the photo it has one coat paint only with a final coat still to go.  Most likely that will go on this afternoon.

We have decided the current length of the wall is ideal so the extra paint I bought to do the whole fence as well as plenty of extra 'just in case' will go into storage in the shed.

We celebrated our good work yesterday with a trip to the Dicky Beach Surf Club for a meal and a couple of drinks last night.

So there will be a little more painting to happen later on today.  Trish is thinking about exactly what she still plans to do, where the feature panels will go, the new tall wire sculpture to go in the very middle, all that important stuff!

I did get my latest brew bottled as well this morning so that job is out of the way.

We had some thunder and lightning last night and early this morning.  But there were only a few mls in the rain gauge, enough to water the lawn and the garden as well as top up the pool. By 9 am any thought of a storm had gone, the sun was out and I was free to begin with the putting on the undercoat!

With any work to do around the house, bike riding goes on the back burner.  I may be back on board the bike tomorrow though!

No comments: