Friday, July 17, 2015

Still Cold!

On the Sunshine Coast we get our cooler weather each winter.  It is not unusual for us to get winter minimums of 4° which is usually followed by a top that day of around 20° or so.  We could get a couple of cold mornings in a row but then things go back to the normal low double figures overnight.

Right now it is approaching 8:30 am and the temp is in the picture above left!  You would have expected it to be around 16 or so.  The temp doesn't take any wind chill factor into account.

The current spell of cold weather has been quite different than usual with an extended period of continuous low single figure minimums over a couple of weeks.  This has meant the house has got cold but has stayed cold.  The coldest day of the year here usually has a maximum of only 17° but today we have been promised only 16° and a fine sunny day.  Needless to say there will be a gusty southerly blowing all day making it feel even colder!

The bike hasn't come out yet again today as it will be just too cold to do so.  I am waiting for it to get a little warmer and I have bottle washing which must be done later this morning.

I used to go to the the coldest ground in Melbourne to watch the footy when we lived there.  VFL Park was noted as the coldest and wettest venue for footy.  I bought some thermal underwear to wear to the footy to try to keep warm.  Luckily I never threw them out when we moved here, they are getting a rebirth of use during this exceptionally cold spell.

Following my ransomware attack the other day I did a PC search for files ending with .encrypted to see if I had missed any when I was cleaning my PC up.

I found heaps of them but as I had reinstalled a particular program, in the folder were duplicate files, one with encrypted in the title and the other without, the performance of the program wasn't impacted upon.  I haven't noted any adverse effects on my PC....... yet!

No comments: