Friday, June 26, 2015

Damp On The Sunshine Coast

This was the view out the back door this morning just prior to setting off for my daily bike ride.  However the photo further down below shows what the weather was like that was coming our way and visible from out the front door.

The photo below doesn't do justice to the actual darkness of the approaching clouds!  The clouds then open up and we get a decent shower of rain, totally unsuitable for bike riding!

Then it clears up to be beautiful with blue skies again.  A few minutes later the clouds roll in again and we get another couple of mls of rain.

At this time of year you would expect the weather to be crisp and clear with the wind coming to us from the centre of the continent.  It should be cool overnight and a top of around 21 during the day with clear blue skies.

We are getting the top temps of 21 or so but the wind is coming from the south east off the ocean. This is bringing showers with it.

This year the weather is a little topsy turvy.  I should be mowing the lawn every four weeks or so.  Currently with all the consistent showers, it needs mowing every couple of weeks!

We have showers forecast for the next week or so!

I collected my Samsung Tab 4 tablet this morning.  After getting home, I took it out of the box and I logged in to it using the usual GMail address.  Before I knew what was happening, it was copying heaps of apps onto the thing all from my GMail 'account'.

I will let it go at the moment, then go back and delete what I don't want later.

Most likely you have this icon (left) in your system tray down near the clock on your computer.  The recommendation from Computer Club is to accept the offer of a free Windows 10 upgrade but when the magic date comes (July 29th) decline the offer to update just then.

The suggestion is to wait a month or so and see what gremlins are in the new package and to let Microsoft sort any problems out.

It took a little bit of fooling the old laptop to get the icon (and the invitation to update to Windows 10) to show and let me register it for the update.  Google was my friend and this morning the icon appeared and allowed me to register for the free Windows 10 upgrade.

No comments: