Sunday, June 14, 2015

Quiet Around Caloundra

My hearing still remains much less than perfect.

I can now at least communicate reasonably with those around me.  I survived my first day back at the Computer Club yesterday OK with a couple of exceptions despite the hearing problems.  So things aren't too bad on that front. It is now the typical heavy head cold and ears all blocked up situation that many people have endured.

It has taken the best part of a week for sleeping patterns to return to something like normal after 2 months away.

I have been back on the bike a couple of times during the last week but regular morning showers have curtailed some riding days.  Right now it is quite grey outside and we have had a couple of showers this morning making riding a very uncomfortable pastime.

I have become involved with the Community Association again spending time getting information back up onto the website.

Internet remains a concern but we haven't had any major interruptions.  Our phone has been switched  from Internode back to Telstra so all is ready for the change of ISP.  That move could have taken up to 16 working days but was completed in around 3 days.

We have had a large convection micro wave oven for around 4 years.  We bought it so we wouldn't need to use the oven during our very hot weather here.  But it never really suited our needs.  It was a large unit and wouldn't fit in the space designed for it in the kitchen and had to 'live' on the kitchen bench.  With limited bench space in our small home we have now reverted to a standard micro wave oven, put it into the space provided and freed up bench space.  We gave the the large one away!

Another brew is bubbling away in the garage!

I keep backups of backups of all my computer stuff.  I have two large desktop hard drives and several smaller portable drives for the backups.  One of my desktop hard drives died on Friday so I have had to re-jig my backups.  The one large 3TB drive remains quite touchy but works 'most' times. I am on the look out to replace the touchy larger drive as my major back up device.

We had our first 'Friday drinks' at our place on Friday.  Generally drinks goes from 3 pm to around 7:30 pm.  So when the last guests left around 11:30 on Friday we had had a big night!  Saturday was spent reasonably quietly.

There is heaps of sport on TV.  I have cricket from the West Indies and England, there is heaps of tennis right now and on top of that we have our own Aussie Rules footy to enjoy!  This keeps me busy most times at the moment.

No comments: