Friday, June 19, 2015

Not Much News

You can guess from the photo we again have a lovely sunny day in store.  We managed 24 degrees yesterday which is just sensational for this time of year.

Again it is same old, same old news.  Not a lot is happening.

My internet provider was changed yesterday from Internode to Bigpond.  The speed I am now getting seems slightly slower but we will give it some time to settle down.  I received an email late Thursday afternoon saying the deal had been completed and to use the password I had been supplied with in a separate email to log in to my new internet.

Needless to say there wasn't an email with the password but I was able to get online, eventually into my new account and swap over the password.  After some inquiries I received a text saying the password was abcd1234 which seemed a bit basic to me.  Any way we are now connected.

I got a new modem/router as a part of the new ISP deal.  So thoughts on using the same names and passwords for devices on the new modem router wireless network here  backfired a little.  When the 'new' modem/router was connected it wanted to create a 'new' network which it called Network 2.  So anything being connected via the new modem/router needed to have the password typed in again.  The 'old' passwords were for Network 1!

It wouldn't connect to the internet straight away when I first tried to set it up and then came on and dropped out again a couple of times.  I am guessing the email saying all was ready to go was a little premature.  With connects and disconnects, I suspect the 'tech' was just doing the switchover for me at the exchange at that very time I was connecting.

All is fine and appears rock solid now.

As you can see from the photo it is 'Bottling Day'.  I have a quick trip to the doctor later today just to update a "referral" and then Trish and I are off to check out a local Shopping Centre just for a walk around. Trish is currently at Quilters and if I get things done quickly enough I will squeeze a bike ride in as well after the bottling.

I have Computer Club tomorrow and plenty of sport on TV over the weekend to keep me occupied.

According to their Facebook page, Kate, Arj and family are in Brighton in the UK beginning their summer holiday adventure.

No comments: