Tuesday, February 24, 2015

See You In 5 Years!

Today was my top 'n tail day.  My Mum passed away after suffering cancer, some of which was bowel cancer.

One of the wonders of being married to a nurse is that anytime you may forget something which is a health issue you get reminded.

So with a family history of bowel cancer I have been undergoing top 'n tails for the last 14 years.  In the very first one I had they found 'something'.  Because it was found early and removed there wasn't a problem.  But it did mean I needed to have the situation monitored.

So over vary periods of time, at one stage annually and then every couple of years for the last 14 years I have fronted up for my top n' tail.

The prep isn't much fun and I will spare you any details.  To put it one way, the prep day isn't my favorite day!

So after this morning's procedures to be told everything is fine, no problems, no signs of anything at all and "I will see you again in 5 years!", was music to my ears.

Now to sit down and have a good meal!

We received a hefty email today from Kate in Saudi.  It has documents we need to include in a Visa application for Saudi Arabia.  Things are beginning to get a little more exciting!

No comments: