Sunday, February 08, 2015

Gorgeous and Not Too Hot!

This morning's pool temperature was around 25.6º which is quite a come down from the 28º we had a week or so ago during the hot weather we were experiencing. The top daytime temperature today should be around 30º.

It has been relatively quiet around here the last few days.  I continue on my huge learning curve re the new BeCA website.  Currently we are getting 'blasted' with Spam emails.  I receive a notification email come through to my phone telling me there is a new website comment seeking approval to be 'published'.  The email on my phone has been going crazy the last day or so as yet another email arrives announcing another 'comment' for me to adjudicate on.

As the web administrator for the website I have the ability to allow or disallow any comment coming to the BeCA website.  I get an email announcing there is a new comment seeking approval.  I then read it and I either approve, unapprove, spam or trash it via the website's "Dashboard".

I reckon we had the best part of 20 emails come through to the website yesterday all of which were spam comments seeking approval to be published on the website.  I can now use my phone to delete them.  I have to get into the website's "Dashboard" and delete them from there.  But with modern technology and the phone's ability to 'remember' passwords it isn't too big a chore.

Computer Club was busy yesterday.  There are quite a few people who also enjoy the same favorite UK TV Crime shows as we do so copying the latest episodes of Silent Witness, Midsomer Murders and others was quite popular (and time consuming) yesterday. I take a 16GB memory stick with selected recent TV shows and movies with me to Computer Club.

I did my bike ride this morning, setting off around 6:30am.  There wasn't a cloud in the sky and riding around some of the magnificent public parks here was just sensational.  We do live in a very pretty part of the world with many great parks and walking tracks available.

On Tuesday we are heading out for the day.  A couple of friends will be joining us.  Trish has to buy her 'abaya' that she is expected to wear when we travel to Saudi Arabia.  There is a shop in South Brisbane around 100k's away which sell them.  The photo above left is of an abaya.

Now we can't go that far without popping into a Malaysian restaurant in Sunnybank way can we?

So the day will go, firstly to Sunnybank, then the "Abaya" shop and finally drop into Costco on the way back for a buy up.  Our friends have wanted to have a look around Costco and see what it is all about.  We had suggested they join us on the next trip down which just so happens to now include Sunnybank and purchasing the abaya!

No comments: