Thursday, February 12, 2015

More Showers On The Way

I was just about to set out on my ride this morning after emptying out around 10mls from the rain gauge.  The forecast is for 60% chance of showers and the sky looked somewhat threatening.

Modern day cameras do a wonderful job in getting the best looking photo possible so you can see everything.  The photo left was nothing like this when I downloaded it from the camera.

Click on the photo for a larger view.

To get exactly what the clouds looked like I had to tweak the photo quite a bit to try to capture the mood of the sky.

To me we were odds on to get a heavy shower of rain from this so I decided to curtail any bike ride.  Needless to say that because I decided not to ride, the cloud passed over without a single drop of any rain.  Around an hour later I managed my 12.5k's of bike ride in quite a sweat.

The pool water temp was around 27º so the swim afterwards was extremely pleasant and refreshing!

Not a lot of news to share from yesterday.  Someone from the Community Association popped over to see how I 'did' my movies.  He was subjected to a shotgun approach, i.e. I threw all the information at him, hoping he would get an over view of the process and then be able to pick out the bits which suited him and his needs.

He took a couple of movies home with him to watch on his TV.  His TV did have a USB connection so we were hopeful it would play movies as well.  The TV turned out to be a Sony and not really very new.  However it wouldn't even turn on!

He is looking to buy a new TV before his wife gets back on the weekend from a trip to Sydney to catch up with family and friends.  She is a keen golfer so we imagined a game of golf would be in the pipeline during her Sydney visit as well.  They have the Pay TV on and the wife just laps up all the various golf tournaments shown from all over the world.

I expect the new TV will be in place before she arrives home!

No comments: