Sunday, September 01, 2013

Welcome To Spring

Spring is upon us.  Still no rain for the last month.  Winter has been described as the 4th warmest on record.  I reckon our heater went on once and that was during a cold miserable afternoon around 4 pm.  After the place warmed up we turned it off again an hour later!

Right now both phones are working but only mine is fully working!  Trish received her second email saying in 7 days her phone would be turned off.  She had minimal calls and no data for the next 7 days.  She can receive calls OK but cannot make extended calls.  We jumped online at midday Saturday to connect her to the Telstra service "Boost" and 50 minutes later we were told all was good and was underway.  24 hours later and Trish still isn't connected.

I rang them this morning and the answer I got was it can take another 24 hours.

I decided to get my phone swapping over done earlier than planned, especially if it could take up to 48 hours!  I was online soon after 11 am on Sunday and up and fully running on the new network 30 minutes later!  So my phone is all OK and we expect Trish's phone to be up and running tomorrow.

I bottled my latest home brew this morning and then did a shorter than usual bike ride.  The weather remains delightful and surprisingly warm.  I was a little hot and bothered when I completed my ride and the pool looked so inviting.

Despite the water temp being 19.5 I decided on a quick swim.  Quick was the operative word.  I did a few laps of the pool and rinsed out my bike riding gear to hang on the line.

The pool wasn't too bad at all!

We are watching footy at the moment on TV.  Both our teams won though not over convincingly over the weekend.  We have the finals next week and we will be in Melbourne for that!

We are beginning to look forward to it.

No comments: