Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Last Dash For The Post

The closer we get to heading down south (we fly out tomorrow morning) the more hectic things get.  Trish is busy with her final meeting of Stitchers today, I had my monthly meeting for the Community Association on Monday evening which meant some time spent bringing the website up to date on Tuesday.

Friends Ian and Kerrie are just back from their trip overseas and wanted to catch us before we headed off, so we had drinks last evening.  Feeling reasonable this morning but not 100% I must admit.

Victoria and Tasmanian Cricket teams are visiting the coast playing a series of matches between themselves preparing for the 2013/14 season and I do enjoy getting to see some of it.

I did this yesterday at Maroochydore up until around 2 pm.  The sun was out but we have blustery cool southerly winds.  This made for a "is 24 degrees but feels like 18" sort of a day.  It was cold out of the sun, a lot warmer in the sun but then you became susceptible to sun burn.  But I enjoyed the day very much.

Trish still hasn't had any joy with getting her phone up and running.  We will now wait until we are in Melbourne.  I still can't get a sim card from Aldi here, none are available at our nearby store.  She will ring Boost this morning and see if there is any update.

The light in the garage that comes on when you open or close the door has stopped working.  We need a new globe but that might have to wait until our return.

The pool is currently being topped up from the tap.  We actually scored two mls of rain last night, the first rainfall for 5 weeks.  Dry conditions are forecast well into next week for this part of the world. The pot plants have just been watered and Trish is booked in for a haircut this afternoon!

We must be going away.

It appears I will get to the footy on Friday night and Sunday afternoon.  I will most likely watch my team play when I am at Kim's place on TV Saturday afternoon.  We will then watch the other game later Saturday evening at her place on TV as well.

No comments: