Friday, December 28, 2012

To The MCG

Yesterday (Thursday) promised to be a warm sunny day for my trip to the MCG to watch Day 2 of the Australia vs Sri Lanka Test match.  My tummy had improved and so Trish dropped me at the nearby station around 8:15 am ready to catch a train into the city.

It was around 9:30 when I arrived at the ground.  I quickly found a seat and checked out my view.  The top photo shows the view from my seat.

What you can't see is the large screen TV which was in clear view a couple of metres away.  This would show the score board and any replays. I was also able to have easy access to the seat over the back to the concourse.

Click on the photos for a larger view.

I had a quick tour and visited a couple of the places I like to checkout.  The lower photo is the view from the MCC Library overlooking the practice nets.  You can see plenty of people watching as the Australians warmed up before batting on the second day.

I enjoyed the day very much.  I caught up with my two nephews Marcus and Beau in the bar.  We spent a very pleasant hour in there with a chat and a few drinks.

A cool change blew in later in the day sending the temp from around 30 down to 20 degrees. The Aussies had a great day with the bat setting up a strong position going into Day 3.  I won't bother going back in for day 3, the seats there aren't the most comfortable and my back does get sore spending a whole day there.

Around 5pm I left the ground back to the Richmond train station and then I hopped off at Springvale.  I caught up with Trish and the grand kids for another Vietnamese meal.

The kids hit the sack around 8:30 and Trish and I watched a couple of 'Christmas Specials' I had recently acquired.  They were the Mrs Browns Boys and Call The Midwife Christmas Specials.  They were great!

No comments: