Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Has Come And Gone

Overnight Sunday was extremely hot, much hotter than any overnight weather we ever experience up north.  No one slept well.

Monday was spent quietly getting ready for the big day on Tuesday, Christmas Day.  We did a little last minute shopping and that was really about all.  My sister popped in for an hour on their way through which was a pleasant surprise.

We first heard the patter of little feet around 6 am on Christmas Day.  They jumped into bed with us while waiting for a suitable time to attack their pile of presents.  Kids sure get a lot these days for Christmas.  There were squeals of glee and joy as wrapping paper was shredded and yet another new toy or piece of clothing was unwrapped.

The kids loved it.  I think the new console Wii was probably the longest lasting gift.  After tidying up the kids continued to explore their new toys. The Wii was put to use.

I now had enough vouchers to buy my $150 3TB external drive.

Trish made us Garlic Prawns for lunch which again I over ate!  A few drinks, more nibblies and the day went on.

Arj and family hosted the Bartholomeusz family Christmas Night gathering that night.  By 8 pm there were people everywhere.  We had more gifts, more wonderful Sri Lankan curries to eat and heaps of chatting and drinking to do.

There were carols being sung and Charli sang for everyone as well.  She played the piano too and loved performing in front of everyone.  Click on all photos for a larger view.

Needless to say there was even more present giving.  Gifts are limited to $30 each.

Guess what? I received a $30 voucher!
Come midnight I was feeling decidedly uncomfortable around the stomach area.  And so it was for the rest of the night and throughout the following day as I ensured I was always close to the 'loo'.

We cancelled our usual trip to Drouin for Boxing Day as I just wasn't well enough to make the trip.  I watched cricket on the TV for all the day and ate vegemite sandwiches and drank lemonade.

Hopefully all will be improved for Wednesday when I actually attend the cricket at the MCG.

The Hard Drive I had my eye on was on special as a part of the Boxing Day sales.  Trish picked one up for me for $118.  That was a great deal down from the 'Special Price' of $149 and the RRP of $179.

No comments: