Wednesday, December 05, 2012

33 Degrees Today ... But It Is Cooler!

The heat of yesterday has passed us by.  We survived very comfortably thankyou. We stayed locked up inside till around 2 pm and then adjourned to the pool.  It was still around 35 degrees when we came inside around 5pm and turned the aircon on to 27 degrees and set the ceiling fans running.  By 8pm we had a slight shiver or two, turned the aircon off and opened the place up.

Another quick swim before bed ensured we slept well.

Overnight the bedroom ceiling fan was turned off as the heat disappeared.  We are expecting around 33 today.  But earlier when I looked the humidity was a mere 20%, almost unheard of in this part of the world!  So the 33 degrees is probably closer to a normal 29 or so up here.

As you can see from the photo, it was a pretty 'tough' day!  The photo also provides conclusive proof that you can fatten thoroughbreds!

Temperatures are expected stay in the high 20's for the next week or so.

I rode my 13k's this morning and enjoyed a quick swim afterwards.  As you can see from this photo, I put another brew on this morning.  By early next week it should be ready to bottle, thus ensuring I have a plentiful supply upon our return from Melbourne.

Trish is at Stitcher's today while I have just updated one of my websites.  There is cricket from India this afternoon live on TV so that should just about see the day out nicely.  I will most likely pop into the pool for a swim or two.

I have a meeting this evening and it should be over by 7 pm.  Trish is pleased because we get a 'light meal' with this meeting, therefore she doesn't have any meal to prepare for me!

Then it will be home for the next three episodes of Boardwalk Empire, Series 3.

No comments: