Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Trish's Birthday & 7" of Rain

I didn't realize it was so long since I posted.

We are all safe and well here on the Sunshine Coast. We have had heaps of rain during the last 36 hours with over 180 mls now tipped out of the rain gauge. If you do the Maths that means 1" (or 25mls) every 5 hours which is steady consistent rain but not enough rainfall quickly enough to cause us any grief here at home.

The scene out the front door looks quite grim but all the time the temperature has stayed around the mid 20's.

We gave the newly opened Bellvista Tavern a try for lunch to celebrate Trish's birthday yesterday. It isn't a budget meal at all but it is very handy to take a 10 minute walk to the 'local'. The food was quite OK and they allowed us to set up a 'tab' so as we ate and drank it was just added to the bill. The $15 for a 'seniors' meal was OK. It must have been OK as we only required sandwiches for tea last night.

With the wet weather Trish and I watched "The Grey" with Liam Neeson during the afternoon.

I was out last night but Trish wasn't lonely answering numerous phone calls on her birthday from friends and family.

Otherwise it has been 'as usual' around here. The rain began Sunday so the pergola came down late Saturday afternoon. Prior to that we had our meetings, drinks on Thursday night last week and a lovely night out on Wednesday at a local Chinese Restaurant followed up by a trip to the RSL to see a Bee Gees "Tribute Band".

Last night I chaired a public meeting for the Community Association. Numbers were down owing to the extremely wet weather but it was a wonderful meeting with controversial speakers and issues for our local community. We have Council elections coming up here and we had all 5 candidates for our vacant position present. We also had a speaker to Crystal Ball Gaze the future of the local Airport. So it was all good controversial stuff enjoyed by all.

I am back to the doctor this morning regarding my persistent sniffly head cold which seems to be heading to my chest. I can wake up with a nasty cough and I tend to cough when speaking as something gets caught in my throat.

We are expecting a few showers today and then this afternoon I have an International One day cricket game to watch. With footy and cricket on over the weekend I hardly noticed any of the rain!

No comments: