Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No News, I Just Wanted To Play With My Camera!

To ride or not to ride, that was the question! I awoke early to watch the T20 game between the West Indies and Australia on TV this morning.

As daylight appeared there was a beautiful blue sky but I noticed the pool surrounds and road were wet from overnight showers. There were 14mls in the rain gauge.

We have had almost 750mls during this month so far, that is around 30" of rain! Our progressive total for 2012 is currently just below 68" and our Annual Average is around 64". Already we are above the amount of rain we receive on average in a full year and the year is only 25% gone!

Just as things were drying up, a black cloud appeared and another shower of rain fell. The two photos were taken around the same time and gives you an idea of what today may be like here. Lovely sunshine, mid 20's but a few short and sharp showers of rain. Needless to say the pathways will be wet and I won't be riding.

Click on the photos for a larger view.

I jumped on eBay again last night and the leather case for the new camera will arrive in around 3 weeks time and my Paypal account is down $5-75.

Trish has a bus tour today with the ladies from the Arts Centre Association and is out all day.

We had been told about a good Chinese Restaurant at Golden Beach so we gave it a try last night. The descriptions on the web said good basic fare, BYO and not too expensive. I always get worried when I see Chow Mein on the menu. It takes one back to when we were kids and the Chinese food we used to get as take away. This restaurant had Chow Mein on the menu. The food was basic and a little bland but it wasn't too expensive and the serves were generous. However I don't think we will be rushing back.

In today's 'junk' mail I spotted my new camera 'on special' at Dick Smith's. I paid $98 for mine which is a special 'online' price. This one is on special for $137! I am well in front.

No comments: