Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Few Coastal Showers

Who possibly knows what a few coastal showers really means in a weather forecast? This is what we were told last night on the local news, "A few coastal showers" is what they said. This morning I tipped 36mls from the rain gauge and it seems to have been belting down since then with another 16 mls.

Recently I have been tidying up everyday loose ends. Yesterday for example I grabbed a haircut and later I cleaned the car. The second job was a doozy because of recent roadworks around this place and tar on the roads. That means I was in the pool 3 times, once after my ride, secondly after a haircut and finally after cleaning the car.

I had to go back and sort out that internet problem again yesterday, it was Bigpond's fault, the promised service overnight was delayed by an full day and didn't kick in till this morning.

Trish and I grabbed lunch from the RSL yesterday. With a cheap meal, 2 'pots' for me and a glass of red for Trish at under $20 was good value.

We saw the end of 'Homeland' last night and enjoyed it a lot.

Trish is into Brisbane tonight with a few friends for a show and then tomorrow she has her Trivia Night. This time the Trivia Night is being run by the guy they say is the best around and it is on here at our local Tavern for the first time. So it should be good.

I have been a little busy with online purchases. I had a small case given to me by the Hearing Aid place to 'trial'. The unit is heated and is used to store my hearing aids.

Rust is a constant problem here so being able to fully dry both of my hearing aids is a real help, especially when I have just done 13 kilometres on the bike on a hot and steamy Sunshine Coast morning. The little units cost around $100 each if not a lot more.

It has a small power pack which plugs into it with a thin plug like a 3.5mm audio plug. It is a very uncommon connection. The unit stopped working recently and it appears the problem was the power pack. However I would need to buy a whole new unit and the cheapest online price was over 50 pounds from the UK. However I spotted this adapter unit at a local shop. I eventually purchased one on eBay for under $20 delivered. It works perfectly.

I also bought a new case for my Galaxy S phone for $1-60 from China. At a $1-60 delivered they obviously don't last a long time so I grabbed this one as a back-up.

This morning I purchased a wireless mouse from the USA for $4-90 delivered. It gets pretty good reviews from users both here and in the the USA. I will use it on the old PC which lives 'under the desk'. Hopefully it will cut down on wires etc every now and again when I start the old PC up. I got the deal via a website called OzBargain which is always on my daily list of websites I must visit.

Trish is at Stitchers this morning. As president she has been sorting out a few problems between members. One lady declined to do a demonstration on a particular thing for the benefit of any interested ladies. Instead she went around the corner and did one for around 10 of her friends. Needless to say she was spotted by the others and they went to Trish to voice their concerns. The lady then denied she was doing a 'demonstration', she was just showing a few people how to do it.

The phone has been going all week with poor old Trish the meat in the sandwich. She is handling the situation pretty well.

No comments: