Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kind Of "Back To Normal"

Things seem to have reverted to a form of normality. I haven't needed to make an entry onto my rainfall chart for several days. There is about a 1ml in the gauge right now but that is the summary of brief showers we have had the last few days. For example it rained this morning for around a minute, enough to make puddles etc on the roads and pathways but hardly enough to register in the rain gauge.

Wet roads means I don't ride my bike. With so much recent rain there would be seepage across the pathways making it unpleasant to ride. It is now well over a week since I last rode. It is cloudy and breezy today with a top temp around 26 degrees.

Friday drinks was great again, this time around at our place. The other two guys are rugby league fans so everyone headed home around 7:30 pm our time so they could catch the game on TV. Their game was from Perth so it fitted in perfectly with the time difference to this part of the world.

Our AFL stuff is on TV hour earlier because of the time difference with Melbourne and with daylight saving. So the first big game of the yearnext Friday gets in here at 6:50 rather than 7:50 as it does in Melbourne. We only have one week to go until daylight saving time finishes down south and times get back to normal again. However this will disrupt my listening to SEN in the mornings on my internet radio, I will need to sleep in!

Computer Club yesterday was a mixture. I was able to fix half the things and but couldn't help with others. Mainly because the things people wanted help with I had never done. Like connecting a laptop to the TV to show a slide show or creating a Powerpoint Slide Show but not using Powerpoint!

One guy had all sorts of problems connecting to the Club's wireless internet connection. He eventually caught up with me after an hour or so and told me he had tried everything. I had a look for him, found his wireless on off switch and turned it on! Bingo he was online again. I already knew about this problem as I had been stumped for half an hour exactly the same way once until someone came along and switched the laptop's wireless on.

No comments: