Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Warming Up

The saga surrounding the back tyre on my bike looks like it is now over. Yesterday I bit the bullet and bought a decent tyre for the back wheel. The new tyre is now on the new bike and the old tyre and tube will go back to the 'old' bike just for emergency purposes.

Because the problem is the back tyre it can get messy trying to remove the wheel with the dirty, greasy and oily chain getting in the way. The bike was still upside down this morning just to make sure that the tyre didn't go flat overnight causing me to take the whole wheel off again. I completed a 13 k bike ride this morning without a problem.

Foolishly on previous occasions I had removed the back wheel under the pergola. Bits of oil and grease sprinkled on the pavers so this morning I was hard at work with the degreaser cleaning the pavers. Then I took another 30 minutes or so to give the front lawn a mow. It has thickened up remarkably since I fed it a couple of weeks ago and is looking quite good at the moment.

With plenty of fine hot weather forecast for the next few days the gazebo has gone back up again and the pool is taking a little more of my time. The pool water remains a little brisk but is certainly refreshing after a bike ride.

Trish is on a shopping morning with a friend this morning. They have headed to North Lakes around 30 minutes south of here for a look around.

The new Bellvista Tavern 'may' be open tomorrow for the first time. If not tomorrow then a Thursday opening is looking good.

No comments: