Wednesday, February 08, 2012

We Didn't Get A Drop!

Late Tuesday afternoon the picture to the left shows a series of storms approaching our place in Caloundra. Some places received up to 35mls in less than hour. Click on the photo for a larger view.

Trish and I had hurriedly pulled the gazebo down to ensure it wasn't destroyed in a storm. By the time the storm line hit our place there wasn't a drop of rain. When it did arrive it felt like a Melbourne cool change, the temperature suddenly dropped and the ceiling fan went from 3 down to 1!

Trish is in to a tidying up stage of our time here. "My" office will be reorganized. One thing we did learn from the recent phone problems was just how difficult it was to access the phone point in the room. Before we can move things we need to clear out stuff which is no longer required and tidy up some of the garage shelves so things still required from the office can be moved there. It won't be done quickly right now as the weather is just too hot at the moment to spend too much time working hard.

We enjoyed another lunch at the Mapleton Hotel with friends Ian and Kerrie. Those of you have been here with us will know exactly the place we mean. It was a lovely meal in exquisite surroundings with a masterful view of the Sunshine Coast.

Another recent purchase from China arrived today. It is a stand for my phone which goes on my bike. It would be handy from time to time and will enable me to carry a phone with me when out and about on the bike. Usually I keep my phone in my top pocket but none of my riding gear (T-Shirts etc) has a top pocket!

It would also be handy for my next "MapMyRide" trip. It looks like my bike will 'fly' now.

Aldi have some bike riding specials on right now and I am expecting a new bike helmet when Trish gets home.

Today is Stitchers in the morning and then Trish and some friends head off for card playing in the afternoon. It is a day Trish really enjoys. She also expects to be elected the President of the "Stitchers" group at this morning's meeting.

I had my usual ride this morning and then hit the pool for a swim. At around 7:30 this morning it was 27.5 degrees in the pool! With today being hot and sunny (with a possible thunderstorm again) the pool should be over 30 degrees late today.

No comments: