Monday, February 20, 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot.

It may be around 32 this afternoon but with the humidity it feels somewhat more than that. The house is all locked up trying to keep the heat out and there is little respite with no sea breeze which is unusual for this part of the world.

We expect another hot one tomorrow and then storms etc to give us a couple of cooler days. You could see it was hot up here if you watched any of the cricket from Brisbane on Sunday where a couple of players were effected by the hot weather.

I did get another bike ride in though, you can check it out here. Almost 15k's. I got home just as the front tyre was going flat. I had to walk the last 50 metres.

That is two front wheel punctures in the last two weeks. I repaired the latest puncture and thought there may be something inside the tyre causing these to happen. A closer inspection showed the tyre has had it. It isn't a good photo but the bright bits you can see are rays of sunlight through the tyre!

That sure explained why I had two punctures within the last couple of weeks, I was probably lucky I didn't have even more. I have remembered all about mending punctures now.

They were having a clean out of bike tyres at K-Mart well over a year ago so luckily I grabbed a couple at bottom basement prices. I should be fine for tomorrow's ride. You can see where I rode to today from two of the photos to the left!

Gee it is pretty down on Pumicestone Passage.

I bottle washed Sunday morning and I will bottle tomorrow. In this humid weather that will be hot work!

When we had our recent phone problems the Tech from Telstra wanted to check our indoor phone points. One is right underneath the "Office Table" and almost impossible to get to. I wrote about this in a post on February 8th. The big clean up has commenced. This is my Office Table now! The bins are full and we need to make a couple of trips to the Salvos to move some stuff on!

We will move furniture around when the weather cools off a little more, possibly in a month or so! Moving the furniture around should make accessing the phone point a little easier if required.

It is about time to head to the pool again!

No comments: