Monday, February 27, 2012

Sunshine Returns To The Sunshine Coast

The rain stopped overnight Friday but we have had a few showers since. So far this month we have had 352 mls a little over 14" in the old scale. Despite the rain being limited to showers, there were still 19mls in the gauge yesterday morning and another 3 this morning.

I won't go into too many details regarding trying to get the 'new' tyre on my bike but I am beginning to run out of glue for my puncture repair kit. What was a 'new' tube Monday of last week is now sporting 4 patches, including one which has been replaced. Eventually I grabbed a tyre off the 'old' bike and put it on easily and without any problems. It will get me by in the short term.

With all the rain though bike riding isn't much fun. With seepage and pools covering some of the paths you come home quite wet from spray. This photo is by far the worst spot but give it another day or so it will be all gone. With the wet weather and now warm each day the grass almost grows as you watch it.

Plenty of cricket and footy over the weekend on TV which kept me busy.

Computer club was hectic again but I seem to be able to satisfy most people's needs. Trish is busy this morning helping to tidy up the "Stitcher's Library".

I am helping a guy out with his WDTV Live SMP player on Wednesday morning. However I think he has 'wireless' broadband which would mean he can't access the internet with his media player and therefore may miss out on some of its benefits. We will wait and see.

Wednesday night we are off to the RSL as there is a Bee Gees tribute night on. It is 'booked out' but we will see if we can fluke a couple of seats. We will give the great small Chinese Restaurant in Caloundra a try again before adjourning to the RSL.

No comments: