Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Things Are a Little Quiet At Home This Afternoon!

Don't bother reading this one if you don't want to! This is the kind of 'post' which turns people off reading my blog.

The photo shows the overflow pipe for the pool. It has a 'plug' in it as I don't want water to escape from the pool if there are three or four people swimming. I remove the 'plug' prior to a possible storm or heavy rainfall.

The overflow hasn't been working too well and I thought it was partially blocked. It is a narrow pipe and has a right angled turn not too far down it. I went to Bunnings today to buy a drain cleaner, a long piece of flexible wire with a wider end on it. You twist the wire and it is supposed to 'wind' itself along the pipe and around corners. I have since discovered it doesn't work too well on narrow pool overflow pipes with a 90 degree turn!

Whilst at Bunnings I also bought the old fashioned sink plunger for under $4. The wire wouldn't work so I gave the plunger a go. After several hard 'pumps' with the plunger and with me getting sprayed with pool water, suddenly there was a loud gurgling and grumbling sound coming from the pipes around the pool! Then there was the sound of running water! All had been fixed!

"Still awake?"

No comments: