Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Showers"

Showers have been forecast for the last two days and so far those 'showers' have given us almost 3" of rain. So when we get a 'shower', it rains cats and dogs for 15 minutes and the rain gauge has another 10mls in it.

Drinks Friday afternoon was as pleasant as usual. Most mornings I have been on my bike for a 13k bike ride but the recent showers have put a stop to that. Nothing worse than damp paths and roads to ride on and then being caught in a shower of rain doesn't help. Showers and bike riding do not mix when you wear glasses.

Right now I am again siphoning water from the pool to drop the water level!

I got to Computer Club on Saturday. Trish attended an Arts Association Meeting on Monday they talk about her web page. Needless to say they loved it and the site will eventually go 'official' when all the content has been entered. She is very pleased with herself and rightly so!

I recently got a bottle washing in so now it is time for a bottling which most likely be tomorrow at this stage.

My pension stuff is all sorted out now and I only have a couple of days to go to my 65th birthday!

My brother Geoff enjoyed his first stubby for quite a while yesterday. He is a very happy guy right now and he hopes to be able to fly up next month for a visit.

My sister Judy is in Queensland right now and we expect to catch up with them on Thursday (my birthday). She will be staying with her son's girlfriend's family in Mooloolaba for a night and then coming down to our place possibly Thursday. Judy expects to finish working in late April. Then it is caravan on the back and they will be off on the road for quite some time.

Monday afternoon I reformatted the computer for the older couple. They popped around with their PC and watched me do it for some time. Then they went as the lady wasn't feeling too good. The PC is now back to perfect working order again but unfortunately the lady went into hospital yesterday afternoon. Hopefully she will be fine.

Her health has been a little 'iffy' recently!

Kim continues to 'love' India and now expects to be there through much of March. Currently she is in southern India. Her comfortable hotel accommodation (with a pool) is costing her $8 a night!

No comments: