Friday, February 18, 2011

Thanks For All The Calls, Facebook etc.

I think my Facebook page was just about to be ripped down for lack of activity. I don't use it much nowadays, I prefer to use my blog page. However there were 5 'messages' or Wrote On My Wall entries regarding my birthday yesterday. Then the phone was pretty busy too with people giving me a call to pass on their best wishes.

Thanks to everyone for your very kind thoughts and best wishes.

It was great to receive them all.

However the 'best' was probably the call from our daughter Kim in India. I think I got in about 1 minute of talking and then Trish got the next 5 minutes or so! India isn't the best place to communicate from with 'iffy' internet and problematic phone lines. However this call came in loud and clear.

Kim had just completed a 6 hour bus trip which only took her 250k's or so north from the very southernmost tip of India. But that is the way things go in India.

She seems very well and enjoying herself. Her biggest cost has been last minute flight changes which has added to her trip costs. We sensed Kim is probably getting a little sick and tired of curry three times per day.

In Goa which caters for international tourists you could always get a meal of egg chips and bacon. In other parts of India the choice for any western food just doesn't exist!

No comments: