Thursday, February 03, 2011

All Is Quiet & Well On The Sunshine Coast

Despite the fierce cyclone currently devastating northern Queensland, all is quiet and serene here where we live. The weather has been extremely humid the last day or so and the waves at the beach are hitting record levels whipped up by the cyclone to the north.

Tropical Cyclone Yasi crossed the coast at least 300k's north of where the the cyclone from the weekend crossed. So this is about 1300k's north of us!

But we don't have any severe winds or downpours of rain.

We have minimal cloud overhead and the pool is up to 30 degrees now. It was so hot and sticky yesterday afternoon we relented and put the air conditioner on for 4 hours. During that time the humidity level in the lounge room plummeted from about 75% to 55%. About 8pm the outside temp was a comfortable 26.5 degrees so we turned off the air con and opened the house up.

A cool late night swim then into bed with the ceiling fan on full and we slept very well.

It has been a busy couple of days for me with the Community Association. There was a Committee Meeting on Monday night followed by an Airport Forum Meeting on Tuesday evening. Both of these events needed to be recorded on the website. Then I transferred much of the information from the website to the Newsletter which is due to be printed this weekend.

Trish has been to her usual Wednesday sewing group, she is doing the Information Centre this morning followed by Trivia again tonight. She has another sewing group tomorrow. During her spare time she does more work on the website she has designed for the Caloundra Arts Centre Association. You can see the latest version of the website HERE.

I washed bottles recently and bottled yesterday. I pressed a fan into service yesterday during the bottling. I even found time to begin my application for a pension for when I turn 65 in a couple of weeks. I am hopeful my brother Geoff is able to fly up during March for a visit too.

I have been riding most days but I have decided to give it a miss today. It is very sticky outside right now and I am driving Trish to the Info Centre at 9 am. I deserve a day's rest!

No comments: