Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sad News

At Christmas time Trish and I usually travel to Melbourne by car. We do this to stop off and catch up with relatives and friends on the trip down or back home. On our way home from Melbourne at Christmas, Trish and I drove back via Canberra. An elderly aunt of mine, my last family member on my mother's side, lives there and hasn't been too well. We planned to stop off and see her.

We were glad we did as this morning we received a message saying she had passed away. Trish and I will be travelling down to Canberra next week to attend the funeral. Plans haven't been finalized just yet but we expect the funeral to be either Tuesday or Wednesday.

I received a couple of great cards for my recent birthday and I really enjoyed the one below (thanks Carol and David). Click on the picture for a larger view, then click on "Back" to return to this page.


It has been cool here after the change on Monday! It has been a bit like Melbourne with lots of showers. Yesterday it got to 28 degrees but for much of the day it was overcast and more like 24 degrees. I guess the clouds parted and the hot sun shone through for a few minutes to give us our 28! I haven't been able to ride for the last few days as the showers mean the paths are too wet to ride on. Last night it was nearly cool enough for the doona!

More hot weather is due early next week (when we will be down in Canberra).

No comments: