Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Visitors Arrive

My home brew supplies are a little low so it was time to put another brew 'on'. It should be ready to bottle next weekend but of course this now means I have 32 bottles to wash and dry.

The weather has been great lately so it should be good for brewing. However we expected and got a few showers on Monday.

On Sunday I spent some time setting up my new hard disk drive and was able to get rid of two of the older and smaller capacity drives. Things are now quite streamlined and makes taking computer stuff to Melbourne on the plane much easier.


Monday saw us head down to Surfers Paradise and pick up some good old friends to come and stay with us for a couple of days. It will be a hectic time for us. Our guests are Eddie and Patsy Riordan, Eddie was a colleague (and former boss) from my teaching days. He is a bit of a villain. The doctor has suggested that Eddie should drink several litres of water per day. However as you can see from the photo, getting Eddie to drink water is easier said than done.

The throat was little husky this morning as I awoke. Possibly the curry we had last night was a little on the warm side .... or I drank too much!

No comments: