Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Cool Weather

Life continues along quietly. Bottle washing day today so that kept me out of trouble this morning. Then 75 year old Brian over the road needed some help to set up his webcam so I was off to do that.

The weekend was 'the usual'. Computer Club Saturday morning with the usual help a few people out. Then footy on TV for much of the rest of the time. I did manage to get a brew on Saturday afternoon and that has been bubbling away. I am making a dark ale but using 'brown sugar' this time instead of the usual refined white sugar. I am hoping for a creamy 'thick' taste but it will still be drinkable whatever happens with it.

The weather is overcast right now and about 18 degrees. Yesterday was a lovely sunny 23 and it was glorious sitting outside.

Other time has been spent keeping the Bellvista Community Association website up to date. I really enjoy doing it so for me it is fun to do. I also copy/paste stuff from the website to write the Association's Newsletter as well. Though it is not due to be printed for a few weeks, I have just about finished the next double sided A3 edition.

Tonight is the third game in the Interstate Rugby League competition. A couple of the guys here on the estate are into it so we are all out for tea then back to our place to watch the game.

The others bought TV sets to fit the furniture they then had. So both have 32 cm screens and sport looks so much better on a big screen. Our TV is 42" so it is around to our place to watch the game. I will keep an eye on it but it really isn't my 'thing'.

Speaking of sport on TV, the sooner this World Cup soccer is over the better, I get up about 5 am to watch the second half of the matches from South Africa. Only three more early mornings to go!

No comments: