Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Washing Day

On Monday afternoon I put two brews on, one a lager and lemon, the other a black ale. Two brews means double bottle washing and double bottling! Washing bottles isn't the best fun you can have. The photo shows enough bottles for the two brews all filled with water and bleach to sanitize them. I have now completed the task and about 60 bottles are currently drying in the backyard as I type! It was a big job! They will probably be bottled over the weekend.

The rain forecast for Monday night failed to eventuate. We got 9mls which was nowhere near what had been forecast. Today Wednesday is a lovely sunny day in the mid 20's. The pool is also around 26 degrees late in the afternoon at the moment. It loses a couple of degrees overnight depending on how far the temperature gets down.

I continue to ride most mornings and then I have a quick swim to cool off. Magpies have swooped me twice over the last 4 weeks which is pretty good really. We spoke with a lone cyclist and she said she was swooped most days. It appears there is magpie safety in numbers! We expect Tony to rejoin us in riding tomorrow as he finally recovers from having a Vietnam mate stay with him for a few days!

For those of you in Melbourne I learned Eddie has just had his gall bladder out. He has been to hospital so many times this year he is thinking of moving in full time!

The area where the palm is to be removed is now ready. The photo doesn't really show how much space we will gain in the 'back corner' but there should be plenty of room to seat about 6 people when all is finished. The palm is due come out Thursday afternoon!

My computer continues to run very well indeed. I have had to adjust some program settings to get everything just running perfectly. I am very happy with the outcome.

At Russ' advice I subscribed to a daily specials site called 1saleaday. Yesterday I bought some Vivitar Binoculars for $10. A few days earlier I bought 4 watches for $9! Trish is wearing one right now and it works quite well. Good fun!

No comments: