Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday And There Is Rain About

Again a while since I last brought things up to date with the Blog page. The last few days have been cool, with temperatures struggling to get to 24 or so.

On Thursday morning I found this little fellow in the pool. He was quite tired having spent much of night trying to get out! He is now resting comfortably. Remember to click on the images for a larger view, then click on "Back" to return to this page.

One of my riding colleagues (and fellow Bellvista Home Brew Association member) Paul Harrison celebrated his 60th birthday on Saturday afternoon. There was lunch and about 20 or so guests. I was doing a presentation at the Computer Club Saturday morning so Trish and I didn't get there till about 1 pm. It was the first time I had been to the Computer Club for three weeks. I was able to help a few people out and everyone seemed to appreciate any help I could provide.

Paul Harrison and his wife Linda have previously lived in Sth Africa. Before eventually moving to our estate on the Sunshine Coast they had also lived in Melbourne and Sydney. Geoff and Renee Dyer are other Sth African friends of theirs from Melbourne and they flew up to help celebrate Paul's birthday. Geoff has been joining us on our daily bike rides. This photo shows us enjoying a beer together at the party. We have made tentative arrangements to catch up with Geoff and Renee when next in Melbourne. Geoff is seen here in the blue top while the other couple is another Tony and his wife.

Linda had spent some time preparing a marvelous luncheon for us which everyone enjoyed. Can you see Trish in this photo? The birthday boy Paul is in the red top with a pewter tankard in hand.

It was a top afternoon and we all enjoyed plenty of home brew and had lots of laughs together. We finished up back at our home about 6:00pm.

My PC suffered another nasty hiccup the other day but ever since it has been working perfectly without a hitch. After the hiccup my browser program Firefox would not work properly. I had to totally reinstall it including my Firefox profile as well. The beauty of Firefox is the add-ons you can install to get it to do everything you want. I found less than half the add-ons would install! It stumped me for a while. As a last resort I turned my Kaspersky Anti-virus (KAV) off and tried to install again. They all went on perfectly. Apparently KAV thought something was trying to attack my browser and it was stopping the install. You learn something new every day.

There is a promise of some rain today. It has been incredibly dry here despite the 7mls overnight Friday. The front lawn is completely dead right now. The rain expected today will be very welcome. The summer rainy season starts soon and the local parks and gardens sure need a good drenching. The slight greenish tinge is from the recent 7mls but we need lots more.

No comments: