Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hot And Windy Today

There is a very strong northerly blowing right now. It is not a good day to clean the pool. I suspect there is some dust about too. Yesterday was cool and windy. The pool is now about 22 overnight but with a cool night it can lose several degrees. The recent promised rain has totalled a mere couple of mls.

I have been back to the chiropractor with a crook back again. It is amazing that a small twist can cause so much discomfort. I am a bit better today though.

I rode alone today, Tony was concerned about pushing into the very strong wind and further aggravating his foot while Paul was late getting back from walking the dog. He thought the wind would remove any pleasure from the exercise so he didn't ride either. I got my full 10k bike ride in.

The new school here, which now has over 1000 students, has just started its School Crossing today. It is manned by fully trained and certified volunteers. They were having a final 'on the job training session' this morning as I rode past and grabbed this photo. Later on I finished up giving the dead front lawn a quick mow just to give it a tidy up. It is the first time it has been mowed since before we went to Melbourne in late August! A surprisingly large amount of grass came off.

The swim in the pool directly afterwards is best described as 'bracing'. With 32 expected today, the pool should warm up a few degrees.

No comments: