Monday, July 20, 2009

Sport On TV and More Sport On TV!

The wind has dropped and we are enjoying warm sunny days after chilly nights. Today may see a top of 23 after 8 overnight. All in all it is very pleasant.

Footy and Cricket seems to have been on TV all weekend. (Not that I mind at all you know!) Computer Club was on Saturday morning and it was quite hectic for me. I seem to have 'won' a team' of members who want some assistance each Saturday. Then I get a few referrals too from the Secretary. People ask her who can help them out and I get a few more 'customers'. But it is good to help people.

The brew I put on last Wednesday was ready to bottle this morning (Monday). Sunday morning was spent washing bottles and then this morning I bottled. Cleanliness is crucial with home brewing and the fermenter requires a good clean out each time it is used. It must then be fully dried to prevent the formation of mould. Here is the equipment drying in the today's late morning sun! Before I brew again the fermenter is fully rinsed with boiling water to kill any bacteria.

The mouse attached to my computer has begun to show its age recently, sometimes the 'scroll' wheel won't turn easily so I reckon it is telling me it is time for a new one. One of the daily sales specials websites I visit had a special on a top of the range keyboard and mouse, all the latest design. It was at a 'better than eBay' price so I have ordered one.

Trish enjoys her "Gym" and attends at least every second day.

Tony's foot has come good and we are riding together each morning. We had a quiet 11k's this morning!

Lou Ann is 'enjoying' extremely hot weather in Texas right now and sent me a joke which I will put in the blog sometime this week. Daily temps her way are into the low 40's each day. I think they have just about had enough of the hot weather over there in Sweetwater.

1 comment:

Texas Lou said...

Yep, that is a picture of our court house. That view is facing south. I was just in there last week to buy a new license tag for my car. Our jail is also housed in there, along with all records, deeds, marriages, divorces, etc. The court house is located in the center of our downtown area and we call it "the square". We had a "cool" front come through yesterday, so we were ONLY 37C today.