Monday, July 27, 2009

PC Problem Solved!

I was saying about things on my PC going into "Zoom" mode. After a bit of thought and a suggestion from Trish I was able to identify the problem and fix it.

Usually to zoom in on something you press the mouse 'scroll wheel' and then roll in to make whatever you have on your screen bigger. I have been a bit concerned about the wireless mouse recently as the scroll wheel became a bit stiff.

It seems that when I made a movement with the mouse the wireless signals it sent were not exactly what should have been sent. Thus things like "Zoom" would happen when they shouldn't.

I removed my wireless keyboard and mouse and connected a spare standard wired keyboard and mouse. Suddenly everything again worked perfectly.

30 minutes later the new wireless keyboard and mouse I had ordered was delivered. It has now been attached to the computer and everything is going OK again!

No comments: