Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Update

Now what have I done this week? I am not sure but I know there has been plenty to do.

A 26 degree day midweek was a highlight. Today remains sunny and low 20's. It is getting to be time to water the garden as it has been a while since we had any rain!

I continue to ride most mornings so that gets the day off to an active start. Tony has recovered now and we again ride together.

My computer has a bit of a coronary yesterday, the screen went crazy as you can see in the photo. However within an hour it was back to 'normal' again. I have a 3 year warranty on the PC so I wandered into the shop where I bought it and the guy said something about the annual service! This is the first I had heard of any 'annual service' so it looks like it will go in for a spring clean. They will want to keep it for three days so to see if they can get the screen problem to happen again. The guy thinks there may be some dirt on the video card. It is $47-50 for a clean up. Click on the picture for a better view, then click on "Back" to return to this page.

What will I do without my PC for 3 days! I guess I will have to press the 'laptop' back into service.

My System Restore points no longer get deleted on start up! I don't know why!

Last week at Computer Club they were talking about a program called Advanced SystemCare of which there is a free version. It looks like it does a fairly good job. I have installed it on the laptop, it usually needs as much help as it can get!

I you want to download and install it (just Google Advanced SystemCare) I can send you a little patch which will then give you the full "Professional" version which allows the program to do a few more things.

Things tend to get rusty around here quite quickly. This heavy umbrella base usually attracts some rust. I have tried to get rid of the rust then given it a quick respray, ready for summer days ahead. The bad spots have had several coats of paint so I hope it will be protected. Plenty of sport on TV this weekend for me, Trish will be involved with local Quilt Show for a few hours each day over the weekend.

The Old Cowboy joke below is one of the best I have come across for quite some time!

No comments: