Sunday, December 21, 2014

Look, No Brakes!

Look, no brakes!

This is what happens when you have disc brakes on your bike and you decide to give the bike a bit of an oil!  Some oil splashes onto the discs and then when you are out riding and you try to put the brakes on, you just keep going!

Fortunately there was almost no oil on the front disc so I had that working pretty well as well as a slowly improving back brake.  When I eventually arrived home I put some degreaser onto a rag and gave all disks a good wipe over to remove most of the oil.  But the good thing is, after the oil, the squeak has gone!

Things work a lot better now!

And as you can see from the photo, today's ride was down to Caloundra and the Pumicestone Passage.

The Test Cricket has finished a day early so today will be predominately poolside.  The next Test begins on Boxing Day which is 5 or 6 days away.  In between time we have Kim flying up from Melbourne on Tuesday evening and staying for 4 nights.  A little longer would be good but we will be content with the four nights.  Then around two weeks later, Chris and family (4 in all)  fly up for a full week.

Now we have the two cars here there isn't a problem.  With four visitors later as well as Trish and myself, now we can all go out somewhere, even if we have to take the two cars.

The guy who makes the 40% proof alcohol dropped me off another 1.125 litres yesterday.  I won't make anything up just yet, I will wait and see what I need after Kim has gone!

I have had a not so good brew recently.  It is around 60- 70% on the taste rankings.  I only have around 3 bottles left so hopefully I will take care of that over the next day or so!  I made a lime flavoured lager at Kim's request after returning from Melbourne.  The mandatory two weeks wait after bottling will be up on Wednesday, just in time for us to give it a try!  I suspect the lime taste may be overpowering.  Not a problem as we just will mix that brew with another one, 50/50!

A cooler day in store today with a top in the high 20's, just about perfect.  The pool almost got to 30º yesterday at 29.9, but was a sensational 27º this morning.

No comments: