Monday, August 25, 2014

Overcast But Dry

It is Monday, and right now it is overcast but we did have quite a lot of sun earlier.  Possible showers this afternoon is the forecast but it is looking OK right now at just after midday.

Another 6 mls of rain yesterday pushed the rainfall tally to 121mls for the last few days, 4 mls shy of 5" of rain.  I even got a little brave yesterday and during a drizzly moment or two I spread some lawn food over the front lawn.  The next task will be a "Weed and Feeder" to get rid of a lot of the broadleaf weeds which grow in the lawn at this time of the year.

Fortunately it isn't cold so hopefully the washing will dry with the breeze there is.

For some stupid reason I created a Yahoo email account which is currently our predominant email address.  I also use the email address to access my "Home Page" which I have set up on all our PC's.  But if you're not signed in then you are taken to some strange Yahoo home page site, nothing at all like how I set mine up.

For the last few weeks Yahoo has repeatedly asked me to reset my Yahoo Account password.  This is something I was loathe to do because I use my Yahoo password on my phone, tablet, main PC and Trish's resurrected Dell Laptop.  Trish also uses the same home page on her new laptop.

Today I was again asked to change my password and I declined. Suddenly I was locked out of my Yahoo Account.  I managed to discover how to 'reset' the Yahoo password and discovered for extra security, Yahoo now wants a mix of numbers, letters and capitals! I reset the password with the three various forms and I now can access my home page again.

But I couldn't get my Yahoo emails.  I then had to reset the password in my email program "Thunderbird".  Then I had to reset the password in another email program I use called Mailwasher!  From there it was to the tablet and the phone.

Now that took some organising!  Eventually I found if I went into the phone and tablet's web browsers and wanted to check my emails I was asked to login to Yahoo.  I have three different browsers on my tablet and two on my phone!  It took a while to do!

After a fair bit of messing around all is now done!  All this mess up because I changed a password!

No comments: