Thursday, August 14, 2014

A Wet Weekend Coming Up!

It seems get onto Facebook and become a friend of Kate and Arj is the best bet to keep up with their Saudi Arabia photos if you are really interested.

The sky outside at 10:30 this morning is looking OK but a bit threatening at times.  We could sure do with some rain here and it looks like we may get some over the weekend.

I have been busy with Community Association stuff with website updates and sending off nasty emails.  Good friends Gordon and Anne are up from Melbourne for a week or so and we caught up with them at our place on Wednesday afternoon.

I bottled the most recent brew and then had a Community Association Meeting in the morning.  I did manage a 6k bike ride yesterday but that was it.

An overcast sky and a few spits of rain kept me off the bike again this morning.

But I have endured a bit of a PC problem the last day or so.  I did a "Windows Update" on Wednesday and following that the PC 'hung' when it had almost loaded.  I removed sections of the update via System Restore and got working OK again.

This morning it again 'hung' at around 95% loaded which led me to think a 'startup' program wasn't operating properly.  I got into Safe Mode and turned off almost everything in start up that wasn't essential to the PC and restarted it OK again.  I did the full Windows Update and it again restarted perfectly.

Then I slowly turned a couple of startups back on and again it started fine.  I suspect it is something to do with the webcam program.  I have turned the startup program off.  The webcam will still work fine for my purposes, I just won't have the controls I may have had previously (but never used). The webcam is only used during Skype calls!

Touch wood all is going well right now and the PC starts fine.

However I did heaps of backing up when I got things back, just to ensure I don't lose anything! It is amazing how you are reminded of the importance of backing up when you have a PC Malfunction!

No comments: