Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Quick Update

Arj's Week 3 photos from KAUST in Saudi Arabia are HERE.  The pool does look inviting doesn't it? The photo is from Saudi Arabia, not a wet and dismal Sunshine Coast!

I have just tipped another 65mls from the rain gauge this morning.  This weather event has given us 115mls or heading towards 5" of rain.  For a 'dry' time of the year this rain total is quite extraordinary.

The current August total of 190mls is around three times what we would normally expect at this time of the year. 

For the total year's overall rainfall to date though we are still well down.  We have had an annual total of 862mls to the end of August and the average end of August total is around 1180mls.

You can check my figures HERE.  Click on Q3 at the foot of the page to take you to the third quarter of a year's totals.

Trish's footy team defeated my team last night in the footy competition here.  Overall I thought my guys, who in the midst of team rebuilding, did an OK job.  The final result was a lot closer than I had anticipated!

I have updated the Visitors "Live Traffic Feed" Widget so it may show some strange visitors for a few days.  It stopped working a couple of weeks ago so I swapped it around.  Looks like the previous widget might be working again now!

The previous free counter I had would record "EVERY" visit! So if I added a new post, checked it and then did a little editing it would show another 5 or 6 visitors when all the time it was just me adding and correcting one new post!

No comments: