Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Detect A Change

Today there has been a real change in the air as far as the weather is concerned.  Despite a chilly 8 to start off with the temperature has quickly has risen.  It is close to the mid 20's as I type.

I have been riding most mornings, usually with a second T-Shirt underneath to keep the chill out.  The extra T-Shirt wasn't required this morning.

My ride took me down to Pumicestone Passage for a change.  There is a new connection for the pathway along the beachfront now.  Previously the pathway stopped at the Tripcony Caravan Park.  The park has had a major rebuild and update.  The Council owns the park so this allowed for a footpath to go around the grounds in the new plans.  The new section of pathway was opened this morning.

Click on the photo for a larger view.

Our neighbour across the road has recently signed up for a new deal with Telstra.  For $100 per month he gets 200gb download, phone line rental, all calls to landlines in Australia (I think) and discounted overseas calls.  It is a pretty good deal overall.  The change over from his previous ISP is due to happen today.  I will pop over later and see if the change over has come through.  His new router has wireless which will allow his media player to access the internet as well.

Meanwhile Trish and I along with friends Kerri and Ian will try the local Tavern again for lunch.  I am just waiting for Trish to get home now.

After 4 years or so I had a dentist appointment yesterday.  It seems I have at least 2 x 1 hour sessions to have everything put right. We may even be able to swap our medical benefits plan over to get around a 70% rebate.  At this stage it is closer to 60%.

Last night I rang Russ and Irene who are relaxing in Cairns at the moment.  Russ still has his foot in the 'moonboot' after a recent operation.  This has slowed his mobility somewhat but they seem to be enjoying where they are and the warmth of that part of our country.

No comments: