Saturday, December 04, 2010

Just Before I Head Off

It is Saturday morning and I am about to head off to Computer Club.

I managed to get John Logan safely to the airport and on the plane by 9:30 am Thursday. John only had 10kgs of 'carry-on' luggage and he was able to get return airfares from Melbourne to here for $133 return! He also used 'web check in' which enabled him to walk directly through to Security without having to line up first for his boarding pass.

After John being around for a few days I had to put another brew on as my supplies suffered a bit of a hit. I will even put another brew on in the next day or so to ensure plenty of supply upon my return from Melbourne in the New Year. We drive down there leaving here December 14th and should arrive there the next day.

After dropping John off I waited about 45 minutes and collected Trish as she flew in from Melbourne. She was greeted by rain when she arrived back here on the Sunshine Coast. And that is just about the story of the last few days, rain, rain, rain! And there is more forecast for today with a heavier downpour on the cards for tomorrow. I have tipped around 125 mls out of the gauge, 5" in the old scale. I had to buy a new rain gauge as the old one's plastic stand became brittle and shattered.

The pool is full to overflowing meaning I had to put more salt in it. I haven't had a daily bike ride now for about 2 weeks, I have been in Melbourne or it has been too wet!

Good friend Rainy Beechey arrives up from Melbourne this evening to spend a week with us. I hope she brings her wet weather gear!

Australia is behind the 8 ball in the cricket test match right now. However there isn't much to do as the weather is not conducive to being outside so I spend much of the time watching the game on TV. Thank heavens it isn't cold!

No comments: