Monday, December 27, 2010

17 Degrees At The MCG Today!

Boy but was it cold! I was up and about reasonably early today to head into the MCG and see Day 2 of the test match against England. Yesterday's play had been disastrous so there wasn't much incentive to head in. It looked a little overcast so i decided to wear a thick shirt and my new coat I brought down here to wear to the footy in winter! I was glad I did because the temperature around lunchtime was a mere 12 degrees and this is meant to be summer. I was on the train and heading home by 4pm just to get warm again. During a quick sunny break the temp 'jumped' to 17 for a few minutes!

Boxing Day saw us head down to Drouin to Barry and Rainy's for the annual Boxing Day BBQ. The morning was nice enough but by the afternoon it was overcast, showery and down to 15 degrees. However it was a great day catching up with everyone again. But once more there was too much to drink and heaps to eat! The photo shows some of the 'mob' seated enjoying a beer and a chat!

I am heading back to the MCG again tomorrow but this will be my last day. Already Australia appears to be on the ropes and ready to capitulate. It has been a long time since we were beaten so comprehensively! And the weather bureau is suggesting it will be a pleasant 25 degrees and I can handle that!

We had a lovely curry dish tonight. The photo below shows Charli helping her mum get our evening meal ready!
Still plenty of rain back home! Looks like another inch and a half today on top of heaps we have endured during the last week or so. It seems to be about an inch of rain a day at the moment back there.

No comments: