Wednesday, December 29, 2010

At Least It Is Warmer

At least I got to two days of the cricket! The second day was sure warmer but I went dressed in my winter woolies! Australia was 'belted' in the game and well defeated. I watched the last bit of the game on TV this morning.

After lunch Trish and I ventured into Dandenong for a look around the shopping centre there. The Char Kway Teow we had for lunch was great. Cosmopolitan now has an even greater meaning for me. I reckon Europeans were a minority group at this place. But we enjoyed our look around.

Earlier a friend had alerted me to a shop called Harvey Norman Clearance Outlet. Harvey Norman is a huge electrical and furniture discounter here in Australia. This shop was their 'clearance centre'. I bought a couple of HDMI leads which were originally priced at a total of about $70. I bought the two leads for a total of $5. They had amplifiers at almost half price! It is a shame I didn't need any equipment!

Later it was tea at Malaysia Garden with Kate, Arj and the kids. It was an exceptional family get together.

Tomorrow is our last night in Melbourne prior to driving home on Friday. We expect to get to Yass in NSW late Friday, visit Canberra early Saturday before heading to to Newcastle. We will stay there for two nights and eventually spend Monday driving back home getting home Monday evening.

No comments: