Friday, November 19, 2010

It Never Rains But It Pours!

The rain we were expecting didn't fall on Wednesday or on Thursday. It was cloudy enough but the grey skies didn't drop any rain. Yesterday morning I got Trish to the local airport well before her take-off time ready for her trip to Melbourne. The next I heard from her was when she was stuck beside the road in Melbourne in our second car we have down there with the motor refusing to go. Our daughter in law Wendy was walking back to collect the kids from school while Trish waited for the RACV!

The car has cost us a bit recently with gear box problems so another break down was not what we wanted. It turns out the radiator had a leak and the thing had boiled dry. The car was towed to the nearest RACV centre, (next to Kim's work) and they waited till it cooled down. The head isn't cracked so they stopped just in time. It is being repaired as I type and hopefully all will be OK by lunchtime today!

The water level in the pool was down a fair bit yesterday and I had banked on the promised rain to top it up. I awoke at midnight to hear the heavens had opened up and it was raining steadily.

This morning the pool is full and there are 38mls in the rain gauge (1.5" Lou-ann).

I also managed to steam-clean the floors yesterday afternoon. It wasn't too hot but I sure lost plenty of fluid doing the job. Fortunately I had plenty of home-brew available to replace any lost fluid!

No comments: