Wednesday, November 24, 2010

From Melbourne

I arrived in Melbourne Monday afternoon after flying for over 2 hours from Maroochydore to Tullamarine, Melbourne. One of the disadvantages of living where we do is the Sunshine Coast is a popular holiday destination for families. So the little boy who played up for the whole trip down in the plane was constantly being attended to by his mum. She stood and sat back down again about 25 times, each time plonking down into the seat in front of me. I was watching a movie on the laptop and unfortunately the drop down table I had was broken. The laptop didn't sit properly so each movement in front of me had to be managed carefully. As a school principal I was always in favour of retrospective abortion and this was yet another good case!

I spent the first evening at Chris' place with youngest daughter Kim, Trish, and Chris and his family. It is always a bit of fun. I gave Andrew the 'old' laptop to use and after 15 minutes he was frustrated with how slow it was. Trish was driving Kate's car so getting to the other side of the city and Kate's place at about 8:00 pm wasn't an issue. This photo of Kate's home in Melbourne was taken this morning.

On Tuesday we were off to see our official financial advisor Darren and our unofficial advisor John Logan. As I am about to turn 65 we need maneuver the superannuation around to make the most of benefits available to us. That is all now done.

From there it was back to John's home for 'coffee'. We knocked over a few stubbies and now John is flying back to the Sunshine Coast with me on Monday as he has some business to attend to in Brisbane. He will stay for a few nights with me before flying back home.

The car is running very well. One of the spark plug leads wouldn't click on properly but after clearing some debris (broken bit of old spark plug lead) the lead now firmly clicks into place and the car runs very smoothly. We have an issue with the front door as the driver's side door won't unlock with the key. The lock needs replacing. However the remote control works reasonably well and unlocks the door OK. We drove the car for well over 70k's yesterday and it went flawlessly.

Today I am driving over to visit my brother this afternoon and then later tonight we are out for Vietnamese for tea with Eddie and Patsy.

The weather has been sunny and low 30's with a northerly wind. Rain is forecast for tomorrow and stretching over into the weekend. We have the wedding on Friday.

No comments: