Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Showery But Cool Start

This was taken this morning during my bike ride. Needless to say I hightailed it home to beat the impending shower of rain. I made it OK but today's ride was just a little under 10k's, a bit shorter than usual. Even though the day was off to a cool start, by mid afternoon the sky had cleared and the sun was out and it was 31+ in the backyard. The backyard is shielded from the wind which is great in winter but not so good in summer. Despite the brief shower of rain, the pool was very pleasant after my ride.

I received a parcel this morning from my youngest daughter Kim. It gets a bit hard to buy a birthday present for a Dad in his mid 60's. But I think people will enjoy watching me cook over the BBQ with my new apron on! At least it will look like the meat is pretty fresh if they see me wearing this

Thankyou Kim! Hopefully the red has just been painted on!

Trish and I had a trip in to Caloundra just before lunch. Aldi had quite a few specials relating to bike riding so it was a chance for us to get some things. Trish bought a new Gel seat for her bike while I got myself some new bike riding gloves. Trish had determined my favorite blue singlet I ride in was destined for the rubbish bin so I bought myself a new top for riding.

This afternoon I will head around to Tony's for a few beers. We may not get time for our usual get together Friday afternoon so we will have a chat today instead!

No comments: