Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday

Another sunny day with temperatures about to get into the mid 20's again. It tends to cool off about 4 pm most days and then to about 17 or so overnight. Last night was a little cooler getting down to 14 degrees.

However the pool looks great, even though 20 degrees is a little on the cool side for a swim first thing!

It is time for me to 'bite the bullet' and reformat my hard disk drive on this computer. I have been doing some research and backing up all my data (photos, documents, movies etc) and I reckon I will take the plunge tomorrow. A reformat means I totally wipe my hard disk drive and start with a brand new fresh version of Vista. The computer then becomes what it was like the very first day I got it.

Then I will need to go and reinstall all my programs. I will also have to re install my printers, webcam, TV receiver and keyboard. There are few other bits and pieces I will need to have too. I have all the 'disks' with the software on them so all 'should' be OK.

It will take a couple of days to get it all done.

Right now my computer starts up fine about 3 mornings out of 4. On the fourth I have to hold the button to turn it off and then start up again. Sometimes shutting down can take a few minutes too. I am unable to install any "Office" program right now and the automatic photo download program in Vista is corrupted. All small signs that the PC is up for a reformat!

Hopefully all will be OK and I will be back in full swing in a day or so.

Fortunately Trish's laptop is working fine if I have a problem!

No comments: