Monday, October 27, 2008

A Quiet Beginning To The Week

As most know I love my cricket! Yesterday we had Queensland playing Victoria in a one day game live from the Gabba on Pay TV. Victoria won comfortably. I enjoyed a couple of quiet ales as I watched the game. I had a long overdue haircut as well.

The rental property next to us has a young family. The house does not have eaves on two sides and this is nuisance as it allows both the rays of the sun and rain in (the latter when left open). The original owner of the house was a born and bred Queenslander and was not worried by the place getting a little warm. There are no fans, no air-conditioning and no sun blinds. A request has been placed by the young family renting with the owner to install fans and or air conditioning to which the owner has replied that if the request was granted it would incur a rent increase.

The young couple have been given a small 'in window' air conditioner which they have installed right next to our pergola and lounge living room. I had a chat to them about it yesterday regarding its position and our comfort level. It still hasn't been turned on as yet so we don't know if there will be a problem for us with it.

Another 10k bike ride this morning and I took a few shots. The one well above left is just of the pathway I can ride along and the photo below it is of "Duckponds", a pleasant little local spot!

The photo below is of the last section of our estate with blocks for sale. It is on a bit of a hill so may have some views of the Glasshouse Mountains. They are good sized blocks over 700 square metres. Prices range from $280,000 to $320,000 per block! A steep price I would think in the current economic climate!

No comments: