Friday, October 24, 2008

A Hiccup For My Vista Reinstall!

I won't mention what words I uttered when my PC screen suddenly went blank this morning! The computer went into "Recovery Mode" and restarted. After a couple of minutes a 'pop-up' appeared saying the problem had been caused by my nvidia graphics card driver which was in conflict with other areas of my computer. The graphics driver had updated as a part of a Windows Vista Update last night.

I rolled back the driver to the original which I had installed at the beginning and then used System Restore to put the system back to yesterday afternoon. I wasn't sure if the driver conflict had been the sole cause so I went back to before I installed my Firewall too.

The computer seems to running beautifully at the moment so we will just keep or fingers crossed that all is OK.

If worst comes to worst, I just take the PC to the Computer Shop and get them to reinstall Vista again for me and pay whatever I have to pay. The hardware in the computer is fine, it is just the software part which I am reinstalling that is the concern. It takes about a day or so to set it all up again.

I do regular 'backup's to my external hard drive and I back up all my email stuff to Trish's laptop.

I am just about ready to bottle Apple Cider in the next day or and I have been into a big bottle washing day today. I am using glass stubbies for the most of the cider and there are twice as many of them compared to my 'regular' bottling!

Hope you like the joke in the post below.

No comments: