Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Wednesday Update

We are keeping busy. Our daughter Kate is using Trish to assist with things she usually can't do. Having a second set of hands makes some shopping excursions easier to do. Yesterday they all went off to a Playgroup Day.

Though not having been out the last two nights, the days have remained quite flat out. Trish and I grabbed a few hours yesterday and did a little shopping of our own. There are some shops here we just don't have ready access to at home.

I had seen a VoIP phone that I thought would be handy. I got one yesterday. Today I bought a 15m cable which would connect a computer to the router modem at home. Handy just in case I want to transfer some huge files to the laptop. The laptop's wireless connection is not always reliable so this would be a handy back up. The one I got is only cheap and only 25% cost of another one I had seen.

The incident with the dog and the damage to the car we borrowed overhangs things a bit. A professional look at it today showed a mudguard had been damaged as well. This means it will have to be an insurance job unfortunately. It is more the inconvenience of having the repair done. Fortunately it is not a car which Gordon uses regularly, but still it is an inconvenience to sort out quotes etc.

I have uploaded a few movies of the grandkids on the right hand side of this page.

We are out for tea the next three nights.

I see it is raining again on the Sunshine Coast with another two or three inches of rain overnight and early today. For the second month in a row, it looks like the monthly rainfall average has already been exceeded and it is only Sept 5th. It is actually warmer (and sunnier) in Melbourne today than if we were home!

No comments: