Sunday, September 23, 2007

Another Panic Attack?

I am pretty passionate about my AFL footy (as many of you know). My team Geelong is favorite to win the premiership this year for the first time in 44 years and played in a decider match on Friday night to get into the 2007 AFL Grand Final. Queensland, where we now live, is not an AFL state, (the main footy code here is rugby league) and had a one hour delayed coverage of the Geelong Collingwood game on TV on Friday night. This was not good enough for me so I had to listen to the match which was available via streaming on the computer. Geelong battled all night in front of a 98,000 crowd to win by a mere 5 points. The closeness of the game had my heart racing, so much so I nearly had a panic attack....again! Anyway, Geelong won the match and are into the Grand Final next Saturday afternoon.

We have not had a drop of rain since arriving back home on the Sunshine Coast from Melbourne a fortnight ago. We are entering the summer storm season again and there was a possible storm forecast for Saturday evening. I need some rain so I can fertilize the front lawn and soak the fertilizer in as the soil here is very poor. The black clouds gathered Saturday evening so I quickly spread a good 'serve' of fertilizer just before a sudden 10 min downpour and a healthy 10 mls of rain. Another 5 mls overnight was a good top up. The lawn is a bit patchy so it really needs a good feed. From the "Weatherzone" link at the foot of the blog page I see Maroochydore received 25 mls overnight. Maroochydore is about 20 klms north of us here.

Trish bought a couple of pots to 'tart' up the new 'beer garden' area. Looks OK don't you think? Remember you can click on either photo for a larger view. Then just click on "Back" to bring you back to this page.

The overnight rain has cooled things off a lot. We are expecting a mere 21 today which will hit the pool temperature for six!

I have had a plea yesterday afternoon from another Geelong barracker in Victoria for seats to the Grand Final next Saturday. Tickets for this match will be as scarce as hen's teeth! But the person is after 4 seats so if anyone has anything available let me know and I will pass the info on.

Geelong Reserves are playing in the VFL grand final this afternoon in Melbourne and a radio broadcast of this match is available via the internet.

No comments: